Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer AAS-3800 is a high performance automated instrument designed to meet the requirements of the modern laboratory. Due to its versatility and performance it can be used for a wide range of applications including: Agricultural, Clinical, Environmental, Food, Metal, Mining, Geological, Petrochemical, and Pharmaceutical.Print Product Page
[AAS-3800] Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer – Flame System
The Fully Automatic Fast Sequential Multi-Element Analysis Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrometer system is equipped with an EIGHT Hollow cathode lamp motorized turret Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer. All electronics, analytical data and gases are fully controlled via the AAWin3 Software for maximum safety and optimum performance. A data coded Air/Acetylene Burner is included. (Nitrous Oxide/Acetylene and Air/propane data coded burners are also available as optional extras).
The instrument is equipped with a flame atomizer only. The positioning of which is fully controlled by the embedded computer system and the AA-Win Pro software. Three flame options are available to the user with the Air/Acetylene being the standard configuration. This flame can be used for nearly all standard elements while the N20/Acetylene and the Air/LPG (Natural gas) are available as an option for the more demanding of elements. All three flame configurations offer a coded burner for full safety protection.
Features and Functions
- TPC System is used to control the instrument. Pre-installed AA-Win Pro software, user manuals, cook book and Windows 7 professional operating system.
- AA-Win Pro software provides full control of the in- strument and autosampler with easy method change for each technique.
- Automatic 8 Hollow Cathode lamp turret controlled and optimised by the AA-Win Pro software. Operat- ing lamp current and warm-up lamp current can be individually controlled to eliminate drift commonly as- sociated with lamp warming.
- D2 lamp background correction system fitted as stan- dard to all configurations. High energy D2 lamp and adjustable beam splitter mirror are optimised by the AA-Win pro software.
- Self Reversal background correction system fitted as standard to all configurations. The high performance background system uses the same hollow cathode lamp as installed for the analysis. Minimum extra com- ponents are required and optical alignment is very simple. Self Reversal can be used for any element at any wavelength making it extremely versatile.
- High precision minimal optics ensures maximum light throughput to the computer controlled Czerny-Turner monochromator.
- A universal autosampler is available as an optional accessory which is conveniently mounted on the front of the AAS-3800 instrument.
- The Air/Acetylene flame uses a 100mm single slot burner for the standard configuration.
- The high sensitivity (Cu 2ppm >0.280abs) is due to the efficiency of the fixed position glass nebuliser fitted as standard. An acid resistant replacement is available as an option.
- The flame can be easily set from blue lean flame through stoichiometric to fuel rich by means of computer control.
- The N20/Acetylene flame uses a 50mm single slot burner and is available as an optional extra.
- This flame configuration is used to measure elements less prone to ionization such as: Aluminium, Tin, Titanium, Calcium, Vanadium and Molybdenum.
- Switching from Air/Acetylene to N20/Acetylene to Flame Off is fully controlled by the AAWinPro software.
- This flame uses a 3 slot burner and with the Iow pressure requirement, it is also much safer to operate.
- Due to the low temperature of the flame, it is ideal for analyzing alkali metals such as: Potassium, Sodium and Lithium, especially when used in the emission mode.
- Some remote areas of the world have difficulty obtaining Acetylene gas of a high enough purity to operate the flame correctly, LPG can give a real alternative and offer comparable results for most elements throughout the wavelength range.
FLAME ATOMIZER FEATURES
The flame atomizer offers three flame options: Air/acetylene is the standard configuration, with the N20/acetylene and Air/LPG as options.
- Pressure monitoring for all gases
- Burner Identification
- Flame sensor
- Drain Trap Level Sensor
- Gas Leak Detector
- Over Pressure in Premix
- Safety Cut off Switch